Post Production services on a 12-hour instructional DVD set for The Dynamic Neural Retraining System. Dovetail worked in conjunction with DNRS to write and shoot portions of the instructional video set. Dovetail also co-edited the videos, structured and authored their DVD set and created some of their animated sequences. In 2012 the package was translated into four additional languages and Dovetail redesigned their DVD set and added the additional language subtitles throughout. We continue to work with DNRS as new projects and undertakings arise for this ever expanding self-help company.
Web design on onepot.ca - a promotional website for the One Pot Cookbook community. Written by Diane Brown, The One Pot Cookbook is for people who face a unique set of cooking challenges. Website includes an extensive recipe directory and nutritional information, videos and community contributors.
Video production and web design for handandbeak.com, an inter-species greeting card company. Luigi the Lovebird and his person Mary McQueen were picked up last year on The Dragons' Den and launched into Hallmark fame with their unique greeting card company. Dovetail Mediaworks produced their first video which they used in their pitch and is still on their website. Dovetail also created their original website - which has since been redone in their rise to fame and fortune.
Post Productions services on Oikocredit Study Tour 2010, Eight Days in Uganda. Producer and Director Don Gordon traveled to Uganda in March of 2010, with a number of international delegates to observe Oikocredit's micro-financing partners in Uganda and some of their clients. The imagery of the African life and landscape is stunning and the effects of micro financing are far reaching. Dovetail is proud to have taken part in this project.
Prior to that were the promotional videos for the Pender Island Volunteer Fire Department's Youth Camp which took place in spring break of 2011. Also worth mention are Chris Rahim's Painting Our Stories, a promotional video for an ongoing community mural project in the neighborhood of Parkdale, Toronto, Ontario, and Jerome Scully and David Fernandez's, ¿Oye qué bolá?, Cuban Voices on Sexual Diversity, which has been getting some well deserved attention in Latin-American academic circles of late.
Serving People With Disabilities, was a training video to assist provincial public service employees to better serve people with disabilities. The video was commissioned for World Host, the Training branch of Tourism British Columbia in preparation for the 2010 Olympics and Paralympics in Vancouver BC.
Anna Malkin, Producer and Director for Dovetail MediaWorks has completed post production services for a variety of video productions for Government and not-for-profit organizations in conjunction with Angel Communications in BC, Wildflowers Video Productions in Ontario and other community organizations:
With Angel Communications:
NEAR BC Network Environments for Aboriginal Research, Vancouver Island Node:
Conference Documentations, 4-8Hrs. HDV Video;
BC Government Ministries:
- Pathways to Health and Healing, Victoria, BC, 2009
- Environmental Health and Community, Cape Mudge, BC, 2009
- Forum on Ethics in Aboriginal Health Research, Ottawa, ON, 2009
- Forum on Ethics in Aboriginal Health Research, Victoria, BC, 2008
- Yale Nation, 5 mins. HD Video, 2009. Treaty Video for Yale Nation and BC Ministry of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation
- Creation of Online Conference for BC Ministry of Energy Mines and Petroleum, 2008
- Conference Documentation for BC Ministry of Energy Mines and Petroleum, 2008
- No Particular Place to Go, A research-based theatre
performance about older drivers. Commissioned for the Centre on Aging, University of Victoria. 54 mins, HD Video, 2009.
- Collegium Students in Concert, Concert documentation for
Collegium, Victoria Conservatory of Music. 80 mins, HD Video, 2009.
With Wildflowers Video Productions:
- Urban Crisis, The Untold Stories of Poverty in Hamilton, A short documentary on poverty in the City of Hamilton 22 mins, MiniDV 2008.
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, The Circle of Care, A short documentary style overview of the FASD care program at Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health, 10 mins. MiniDV, 2008.
- Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre, A short video describing the services and functions of the Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre, 7 mins. MiniDV, 2006.
- Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health, A short video describing the services and functions of the Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health, 8 mins, MiniDV, 2006.
- Finding Common Ground, Re-edit of parent training video for recent immigrants, for The Family Service Association Toronto, 20 mins. MiniDV, 2006
- Two Cities Connect, DVD Author, 2006, A documentary video, Teaching Aid, for a Youth Exchange Program with Youth Organizations; YPEC in Ghanna and the TCHC in Toronto.
- Staff Training Video, MiniDV, 30 mins, 2006. Documentary video on Staff training opportunities and outcomes within the TCHC. Involved training staff and staff participation in all aspects of video production and post production.